We Can Finally Go Home

After 48 long hours, we were finally released from the hospital.

Around 5:00pm, the nurses came in and went through a discharge check list.  They told us we could go ahead and start loading the car.  A* started taking things down, while I changed E into her “going home outfit”.

Let's do this!

Ater A had loaded up the car, the nurses had checked out the car seat, they finally escorted us down stairs and E felt the warm desert sun for the very first time.  We loaded her into the car and prepared for her very first car ride.

The whole drive home all I could think about what on earth Sam* needed to talk to me about that she couldn’t have asked the night before when we were having our “heart to heart” conversation.  By this point I was so sleep deprived, exhausted, and emotional that I just could not be consoled.  I was crying and just hysterical.

I wish I could tell you all about E’s first night in our house, but to be honest, I can’t.  We got home around 6:30 (49 hours in).  My mom and sister followed us home and were tending to E while A* took me upstairs and put me to bed, literally.  Now A is not one for medical intervention at all, but he found one of my muscle relaxers (I have knee issues) and told me I needed to take one, that he was forcing me to have a good nights sleep.  Having no strength to fight him, I obliged and cuddled up into bed.  A went down stairs to check on E, when my phone rang, it was Sam*.

My heart pounded as I answered the phone.  I asked her what was going on, and she shared with me what she was so worried to ask me about in the hospital.  She needed some financial help otherwise she may be facing horrible circumstances that a 15 year old girl should never have to worry about, especially one who had given birth just 50 hours ago.  Sam* and I discussed what A & I could do (legally) to assist her and made a plan for her and A to meet up the following day.  I also confirmed with her that Rita (her lawyer) would be coming by tomorrow afternoon as well.  She again affirmed that she was ready for Rita’s visit (where she would sign her Termination of Parental Rights).

Honestly, I don’t know if it was relief from speaking with her, or the muscle relaxer, but when we hung up, I suddenly felt like 2 tons had been lifted from my shoulders.  I hung up my phone, snuggled into bed, and slept for the first time in 50+ hours.

This entry was posted in Adoption, Amazing Husband, Baby E, Fear, God is Faithful, Hospitals. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s